Remember the days of having to hardwire expensive floodlights to your back porch if you wanted some decent lighting in the evening? Or maybe you knew someone with an elaborate trellis and string light combo. Either way, getting the perfect amount of lighting onto your patio either meant spending a bunch of money, or trying your hand at becoming an amateur electrician.
Thankfully there’s new lights out there that totally change the game when it comes to setting the mood on your patio, porch or back deck in the evening. We’ve reviewed the best patio umbrella lights that you can find, which are totally wireless and can light up your patio umbrella and table without being tethered to the house!
One of the most difficult things about hosting isn’t always what to serve or what music to throw on. A lot of times, it’s directing the flow of the party! Summer is the perfect time to let loose on the deck, but things can start to die down without the right kind of ambiance. That’s exactly what patio umbrella lights do, except without any of the fuss of an elaborate lighting system. Keep your party, and your guests in the spotlight by illuminating the table and keeping up the energy with the best patio umbrella lights we could find!
What Kind of Patio Umbrella Lights Should I Buy?
This is largely subjective, but there are a few important things you should look out for when you go to buy your first set of patio umbrella lights.
- Lumens: This indicates the brightness, and reach of the lights you’re looking at. The higher the better, depending on how bright you want things!
- Wireless operation: Power chords, and other cable clutter can leave what was an easy set-up utterly frustrating. Opt for patio lights with little or no wires.
- Fit: Will they easily attach to your patio umbrella? Check manufacturer specs before purchasing.
- Warm or Cool Light: Want blue or white lights, or a warmer hue to match the mood? Look for lights that can do both! LED lights are capable of changing color temperature and brightness in many cases.
Are Patio Umbrella Lights Waterproof?
With so many different products on the market when it comes to outdoor lighting, there’s no wonder why you might be asking yourself this question. Thankfully, most of the leading patio lights you’ll come across are either partially, or fully waterproof. They’ll also come equipped with ratings to describe the level of waterproofing they come with out of the box. All of the lights in this list will have a certain rating, each of them are safe to use on your patio umbrella according to manufacturer instructions and specifications.
The Best Patio Umbrella Lights That are Wireless
Below, we’ll dive into the best patio umbrella lights for your outdoor oasis, and give you all of the information you need to make an informed decision ahead of time!
Oyoco Cordless Patio Pole Umbrella Light
The main selling point of this model is simply how easy it is to set up, but there’s a few more reasons it takes it’s place on our reviews as one of the best lights available! Alternate brightness settings will help you light up your table, camping tent or patio umbrella with ease.
This versatility is thanks to the automatic clamping system that completely eliminates the need for any tools for installation.
The pole mounted clamp secures tightly onto the umbrella’s main support using an easily adjustable clamp that’s strong enough to keep it in place all night. It even includes a set of hooks, allowing you to hang it from other surfaces or structures as you wish! 28 LED bulbs don’t just help you save on power, but they will illuminate your space with 3 different brightness modes.
- Sits in the middle of the pole so you don’t have to fuss with stringing it up
- Super bright lights with different modes
- Easy to install
- Light has a decent spread but is more concentrated in the middle, so not as good if you have a large patio umbrella
- Works best with standard umbrella pole diameters, if yours is a different size it may not fit right
Forlive Umbrella String Lights
This patio umbrella string light system fits 9-10ft sized umbrellas, and is completely battery operated. The upside to using a battery powered patio umbrella light, is that you don’t need to worry about a solar element that isn’t fully charged, and you can keep it going just by stocking up on batteries!
Since it uses standard AA batteries, you probably already have quite a few of these around the house. The design of this string light is ideal for securing it easily to your umbrella too. As opposed to pole mounted LED lights, this one affixes to the branches of the umbrella that holds the canvas in place. By simply applying the provided cable ties and plastic rings, each strand fixes easily onto the struts of the patio umbrella.
- Great option if you want a lot of lights
- Battery operated so it’s a good option for places with low-light
- Fits larger umbrellas too
- More work to string up than pole mounted lights
- You will have to make sure you have batteries on hand and ensure this is turned off when you’re done to save on power
TomCare Solar Hanging Patio Umbrella Lights
Maybe you’re looking for a more portable patio umbrella light? You’re not alone, since you never know where the party’s headed, these clip on solar powered lanterns might be the ideal solution for your summer needs! You won’t have to worry about any wires whatsoever, since these LED lights are completely solar powered.
They come in a convenient two-pack, and make a great addition to your patio umbrella. I love these for their lantern-style design, but there’s one more feature that pulled me in. They have a mock flickering light, which adds a warm and relaxing atmosphere to any party, card game or evening soiree under your patio umbrella!
Their housing is waterproof too, so you won’t have to worry about leaving them attached to your umbrella, or out to charge in the rain. That brings me to the two obvious downsides to these lights. They need to be exposed to the sunlight on the top mounted solar panel, and they aren’t great for giving you lots of light.
- Hand option if you want lights you can move from the umbrella to other parts of the yard as needed
- Great for mood lighting
- Solar powered to save money
- No battery back up so you will need to make sure the solar power can charge
- Not as bright as the other lights; might be best to be used in conjuction with another lighting set up
Bigamont Patio Umbrella Light Bulb Style
These lights provide your patio table with a bright, but not overpowering, source of light to power your summer evenings and keep the good vibes alive! There’s several features that make this model perfectly ideal for those who want the convenience of LED’s without too much bright light.
These bulbs won’t hurt your eyes, or make you feel like you’re in a spotlight, with a warm 200 lumen hue that’s perfect for lighting up your patio party in style. Besides the fact that they’re completely dimmable, these bulbs can change to 12 different colors, which makes them the best outdoor patio lights for themed parties, too! It matches umbrella poles with a diameter of anywhere between 1.1 and 1.78 inches, which is standard for most outdoor patio umbrella poles.
- Unique design looks trendy on your umbrella
- Sits at the top of the umbrealla for a wider light spread
- Easy to set up
- Lots of lighting options including different colors
- Warm light is bright, but not as bright as some of the other lights on this list
- Like other pole options, the light is still concentrated under the middle of the umbrella rather than all around
Enhon Warm White Patio Umbrella Lights
These are another remote-controlled set of outdoor patio lights that can seriously brighten up your space! 8 LED modes are controlled wirelessly, to give you options depending on where the evening is headed. This strand comes with two strings of 64 separate, globe LED’s, and thanks to their wireless operation, you can even take them camping with you, or out on a luxe evening picnic. These lights have the benefit of serving as both decorative and practical illumination.
In other words, you can use them for setting the mood, creating atmosphere or simply lighting the place up a bit! The included waterproof battery box, and light strands are all attached to the top of the umbrella using cable ties, which means it’s going to stay in place securely no matter what!
- Cute warm light option that looks trendy
- Lots of modes to choose from
- Can be powered via batteries or USB
- Comes with 2 strands of lights
- Will need extra time to set up and string properly
- No color changing options
Conclusion: Best Patio Umbrella Lights
Thanks for checking out our reviews for the best patio umbrella lights! Each of these lighting systems aren’t just easy to set up, but they’ll also provide a different lighting purpose for your patio table. All of these options are great choices, the decision comes down to what umbrella lighting style you’re looking for.
Enjoy the summer!