Plastic drink dispensers can range from pretty to practical, but they all do one thing really well: serve cold drinks. If you’re looking for something to set out during a summer party or just to keep in your fridge to have cold drinks ready, these are some of the best plastic drink dispensers out there.
Best Plastic Drink Dispensers
Personally, I love plastic drink dispensers. They’re a lot more durable than glass but you can still find acrylic ones that look nice. If you want something to keep in the fridge a plastic container isn’t going to wear out as quickly as glass and metal. Especially since metal elements tend to rust.
If you have kids or pets around, plastic also means less chances of breaking. And when they do crack it’s never a dangerous mess like glass can be.
The biggest downside to plastic, though, is you shouldn’t put very hot beverages inside. That means that if you’re making something like iced tea you should prepare and cool it in a heat proof container first before moving it to your plastic drink dispenser.
CreativeWare 2.5-Gallon Bark Beverage Dispenser
This plastic beverage dispenser uses clear acrylic to mimic glass. And it does it pretty well! I love that ice can be added to the base to help keep the drink cool without diluting what’s inside.
With a 2.5 gallon capacity you won’t need to worry about refilling this container throughout the party – especially if you set up more than one.
- Great capacity; it really holds a lot
- Doesn’t leak or drip
- Tall enough to fill a glass even when it’s not at the edge of the table
- Sticky drinks can clog the spigot
- Must be washed by hand (not dishwasher safe)
- Acrylic scratches easily so be careful when stirring
Carlisle Paddles Polyethylene Round Beverage Dispenser
It’s not a pretty clear glass beverage dispenser but this plastic one gets the job done all the same. If you’re having a big party or outdoor event like a picnic it’s perfect. You could also use it to dispense other things besides beverages quite efficiently.
The polyethylene is a lot more durable than hard plastics so there’s even less chances of this beverage dispenser breaking when dropped. The only downside is that it doesn’t come with the base in the picture so you’ll have to situate this dispenser on the end of a table.
- Good, solid bucket that won’t break easily
- Holds 5 gallons of liquid
- Translucent so you can see how much liquid is inside the container
- Not very pretty for events
- Lid isn’t airtight (so not good for transporting liquid in)
- The measurement lines are a bit hard to see
Gleehome Drink Dispenser
This unique plastic beverage dispenser gets points for being easy to store. The middle part is collapsible so you can fold this drink dispenser up when it’s not being used. The base also comes off and flips up to hold everything together – great if you want serving dishes but don’t have a lot of storage space.
The lid twists on and has a handle so you can easily transport your drinks. Since most beverage dispensers are not carriers this is actually a pretty handy feature. And once set up it’s not exactly the prettiest, but also not bad looking either.
- Collapsible for easy storage
- Lid screws on and has a handle for easy transportation
- Made from sturdy plastic so you can use it around the pool, at the beach, etc
- Small serving capacity means you’ll be refilling it more often than other drink dispensers
- Has a plastic look rather than resembling glass
- Would be nice if it had more colour options
Epic Pure Countertop Water Filter Dispenser For Serving Water
Sometimes you just need a good quality plastic drink dispenser for water. This one can be kept in the fridge so you always have something cold to drink. If you’re someone that prefers filtered water then this is the water jug for you.
You can also use it at parties or when kids are playing outside to dispense water and keep people from going back and forth into the house for a glass of water.
The only downside to this is the carbon filter will eventually need to be replaced.
- Carbon filtering is nice if you like filtered water
- Large capacity that’s designed to fit in the fridge
- Can be easily moved around if you need water somewhere else
- Filters need replacing
- Not good for beverages other than water
- It will need to be on the edge when dispensing from a counter or table
Lily’s Home Plastic Beverage Dispenser
This little plastic beverage dispenser looks remarkably similar to glass ones of the same design. But since it’s plastic the container will be lighter to carry and less likely to break. The metal lid and spigot make it look a little nicer and compliment the mason jar design too.
The metal lid screws on top so you don’t need to worry about spilling, but it’s not completely liquid tight if you plan on transporting drinks inside over a distance.
- Holds 2 gallons, which is a good amount for small events
- Glass-style mason jar design looks classy
- Easy to fill and move around
- The metal lid can become rusty
- Spigot isn’t very good quality and has a slow flow
- Only good for cold drinks – not frozen drinks or hot ones
Creative Bath CreativeWare Beverage Dispenser
Sometimes simple is better, and it’s definitely the case with this plastic beverage dispenser. Squat and square, you don’t need to worry about tipping it over or fitting it into a small space. You can keep it in the fridge or use it for entertaining!
What I really like about this dispenser is that it’s stackable so you can pick up a few for an event. The capacity is 1.5 gallons – a decent amount for a small group or to make mixed drinks in.
- Space saving design fits in most fridges
- Clear plastic makes it easy to see what’s inside
- Not for use with citrus
- No base so you have to have it on the end of the table to dispense
- Spigot is plastic, not metal
amscan Clear Jungle Leaves Plastic Drink Dispenser
These little plastic containers remind me of my childhood because my grandmother always used to have one. I think that the generation who invented these was onto something, though; they’re super hand little drink dispensers.
The lid screws on so you can bring your beverages to the table, outside in the yard, or on a picnic. Despite being plastic, the design makes it look good on the table anyway. You’ll need to move it to the edge of a table to fit a cup under, but that’s a lot easier than pouring drinks. Especially if there’s kids involved.
- Made of durable plastic that doesn’t break easily
- Portable; lid screws on and it has a handle
- Handy for serving cold drinks in a variety of settings
- Small capacity
- No stand included
- Not dishwasher safe
More Thoughts on The Best Plastic Drink Dispensers
It’s really hard to narrow down the ‘best’ plastic drink dispenser because it really depends on what you’re using it for. All of these were chosen because they look good and work well for dispensing drinks.
For one that looks like glass, I’d go with the CreativeWare 2.5-Gallon Bark Beverage Dispenser personally. I like that it has a stand and a great capacity.
If you need a high capacity, the Carlisle Paddles Polyethylene Round Beverage Dispenser holds a whopping 5 gallons. It’s not pretty, but it just gets the job done.
Finally, my absolute favorite portable plastic drink dispenser on this list is the gleehome Drink Dispenser. Although the design isn’t super modern, it kind of has a 60s/70s vibe that I love. It also folds up when not in use and is super portable.
Plus the plastic that it’s made out of doesn’t break as easily as acrylic, a huge bonus if you’re like me and need something good for kids.
The Best Plastic Drink Dispensers – Final Thoughts
Drink dispensers are super handy for everyday use, parties, and even dispensing non-food items like laundry soap. That being said, they also have a tendency to wear at the spigot and sometimes can leak.
Buying something that’s a bit better quality will probably save money in the long run, especially if your drink dispenser comes with a warranty.
You should also think about how you’ll use the dispenser, where it’s going (measure if the space is tight!), what you’ll be serving, and what kind of look you want when choosing the best plastic drink dispenser for your home or event.
The Latest Posts